Senior Services volunteer benefits counselors provide advice on everything from filing or resolving Medicare, Medicaid, or other medical claims to answering questions about the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefits. Our volunteer Benefits Counselors are part of the Virginia Insurance Counseling and Assistance Program, or VICAP. If you have an interest in becoming a part of our benefits counseling team, we’d like to talk to you! Training is provided.
- Detail-oriented with good customer service skills
- Minimum education: high school graduate
- Computer literate with ability to browse and utilize the Internet
- Volunteers cannot be a licensed insurance agent
- Because of the extensive training provided, prospective volunteers need to be able to make a long-term commitment
Click here to complete an online Volunteer Application, or contact Kelly Russo, email@example.com or 757-222-4522 for more information.