Each year we provide shelf-stable meals to seniors who receive Meals on Wheels in our service area and are at risk during emergency situations.
These Emergency Preparedness Meals are for the seniors to put in their pantry in case their regularly delivered meals are missed due to emergency weather like hurricanes or winter storms. As you know hurricanes and winter storms can shut down our cities in this region easily!
As safety is a concern, some seniors can have interrupted service in these events, so we want to make sure they don't go hungry in these cases. We need your help to make all these deliveries---we had over 5,250 meals delivered to seniors June 2019!
Next Deliveries: Monday through Friday, November 4th - 8th, 2019
- Volunteers pick up the meals with route instructions at Senior Services Office between 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Deliver the meals to the seniors at home within 24 hours of picking up the meals. (Delivery of the meals is during daylight hours. This may mean your pickup is one day and you deliver the next day.
Volunteers and groups can sign up for this event now.
Sign up to volunteer for the Emergency Preparation Meal Delieveries now:
- Login to your profile at MyVolunteerPage.com
- Click the blue "Opportunity Calendar" tab and go to November
- Click on the "Winter Emergency Preparation Meal Deliveries" --- this will open a pop-up window
- Click on "Sign up" at the bottom - there are two shift options for you to sign up for each day of the week Monday - Friday. For example, here's Monday's schedule and every day after is the same.
Here are some pictures from June 2019!
Check out our pictures from 2018: Meal Deliveries in 2018
All questions can be directed to Kelley Russo at 757-222-4522 or email@example.com.