When you need a ride, I-Ride Transit can get you there.
I-Ride Transit is the transportation brand of Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia, providing accessible transportation options in metro Hampton Roads and Western Tidewater.
I-Ride Transit offers fixed routes, medical transportation, paratransit, and on-demand response transit. Our experienced drivers will be happy to drive you to medical and therapy appointments, local wellness and senior centers, adult day care centers, shopping, and more.
Senior Services partners with other local organizations that provide transportation as well – so if we can’t get you there ourselves, we’ll coordinate your needs with another service provider.
Medical Rides (For Seniors 60+ and Individuals with Disabilities)
If you need a ride to a doctor or other medical transportation, please call ahead to schedule.
- In Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach - call 757-222-4513
- In Franklin, Suffolk, Isle of Wight, and surrounding Western Tidewater area - call 757-516-8556
- Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Rides are qualified based on customer’s age, Medicaid recipient or not, and other criteria.
- A voluntary contribution of $4 is suggested for non-Medicaid qualified riders.
Medical Rides to Western Tidewater Free Clinic
Rides are available from Franklin and Southampton County to the Western Tidewater Free Clinic in Suffolk three days per week.
- Mondays, 10 a.m. - noon
- Tuesdays, 2 - 4 p.m.
- Thursdays, 2 - p.m.
- Fare: $2/round trip
- Individuals wishing to schedule a ride should call Senior Services' Franklin office at 757-516-8556.
I-Ride Transit provides rides via fixed routes in Smithfield (Isle of Wight County), Franklin, and Norfolk follow a specified route with scheduled stops and times.
- Open to the general public new fares beginning July 1, 2014.
- Children 4 and under ride free, accompanied by an adult.
- Children 5-12 years old, fare: $.50
- Senior citizens 60 or older, fare: $1.00
- Limit two carry-on bags per customer
For Routes and Schedules (all items are in PDF format)
MAPS: I-Ride Transit Smithfield Schedule
MAPS: I-Ride Transit Franklin/Surrounding Areas
Wards Corner I-Ride Transit Information and Schedule
I-Ride Transit Holidays Observances – Calendar Year 2018/2019
I-Ride Transit demand-response routes provide round-trip service during scheduled hours to the Franklin Wal-Mart from your home in Boykins, Branchville, Newsoms, and Courtland.
- To schedule (at least 24 hours ahead), call Senior Services' Franklin office at 757-516-8556.
- Cost: $1 per ride
- Open to the general public, 12 and under ride free, must be accompanied by an adult
- Boykins/Branchville/Newsoms: Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Courtland: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 10 a.m. - noon and 1 - 3 p.m.
Adult Day Care Transportation
- This transportation is available to and from M.E. Cox and Primeplus centers
- Available Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Manditory contributions of $5 per day requested.
- Senior Services provides on-demand round-trip rides for seniors 60+ to senior nutrition and wellness centers in metro South Hampton Roads and Western Tidewater.
- A voluntary contribution is suggested each way.
- This transportation is available several times a week and is dependent on individual wellness center schedules. Click here to find individual center information.
- Call 757-222-4513 to schedule I-Ride Transit to senior wellness and nutrition centers in Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, and Virginia Beach.
- Call 757-516-8556 to schedule I-Ride Transit to centers in Western Tidewater locations.
Title VI Compliance: Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in or denied the benefits of its services on the basis of race, color or national origin, as provided by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964.
For more information or to file a complaint, please call us at 757-222-4527 or write SSSEVA c/o: Human Resources Manager, 6350 Center Drive, Bldg. 5, #101, Norfolk, VA 23502. All complaints must be filed within 180 days of the alleged discrimination act.
A complainant may also file a complaint directly with the Federal Transit Administration c/o: Office of Civil Rights, Attention: Title VI Program Coordinator, East Building, 5th Floor-TCR, 1200 New Jersey Ave., SE, Washington, DC 20590. If information is needed in another language, contact 757-222-4527.
If information is needed in another language, contact 757-222-4527. Para más información en español llame 757-222-4527. Kung ang impormasyon ay kinakailangan sa ibang wika, makipagugnayan sa 757-222-4527.